Beantwoord

I don't use gas, can i stop my gas contract?

• 10 februari 2017
  • 1 reactie
  • 117 keer bekeken

Hello,

Is it possible to only have an electricity contract without gas, yet still have the gas connection available? I don't need gas for anything at the moment and I believe the gas connection itself costs about 10 euros per month to maintain even if I don't need it.

I asked my landlord about this and got an answer like this: "You must ask for delivery for gas and explain to the supplier that you won't use the gas. If you don't the supplier will remove the gas connection and it is very expensive to replace the connection and you have to pay."

Thank you
icon

Beste antwoord door Tanja van Qurrent 13 februari 2017, 16:22

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for you message. It is possible to only have a electricity contract, but then you need to contact your gridoperator (netbeheerder Liander ) to let your gas meter be sealed or removed.

If you have a meter, then you are obligated to have a supplier (contract). If you don't want to use a meter (gas), then you need to let it be sealed or removed. Otherwise you will get a (expensive) fine from the gridopertor.

The costs for removing or sealing can you check with Liander.

Kind regards, Tanja
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 5
Badge +13
Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for you message. It is possible to only have a electricity contract, but then you need to contact your gridoperator (netbeheerder Liander ) to let your gas meter be sealed or removed.

If you have a meter, then you are obligated to have a supplier (contract). If you don't want to use a meter (gas), then you need to let it be sealed or removed. Otherwise you will get a (expensive) fine from the gridopertor.

The costs for removing or sealing can you check with Liander.

Kind regards, Tanja

Reageer

Cookiebeleid

Wij gebruiken cookies om uw bezoekers ervaring te verbeteren en te personaliseren. Ga je akkoord, of ga je door op de website dan ga je akkoord met ons cookiebeleid. Meer informatie.

Accepteren Cookie instellingen